Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
At Eric Robinson Solicitors we believe in conducting business in a responsible way. This means making sure that our business activities have a positive impact on our environment, our community and our people.
We work hard to:
- minimise our impact on the environment
- improve our environmental performance through the implementation of environmentally friendly policies and practices
- comply with all legal and regulatory requirements
- encourage dialogue with local communities and groups for mutual benefit
- support charities and/or other worthwhile causes and encourage our employees to do so
- provide a safe, fulfilling and rewarding career for all our employees
- create employment opportunities for those in our community
- review and evaluate what we do in order to improve our CSR performance.
We recognise the importance of protecting the environment and are fully committed to reducing the effects that our business activities have on our environment.
Here are some of the things we’ve done to minimise our impact on the environment:
- Recycling disposable items including bulbs, batteries, printer cartridges.
- Office practice of switching off lights and electrical equipment when not in use/at close of business.
- Installing and using energy-saving lighting and bulbs.
- Specifying A+ rated appliances when replacing appliances such as fridges.
- Replacing boilers to improve energy efficiency.
- Regularly servicing air conditioning equipment to improve performance and reduce energy consumption.
We are members of the Hampshire & IOW Sustainable Business Partnership.
We also participate in the Government's Green Transport Initiative by offering the ‘Cycle to Work Scheme’ to our employees. This helps reduce environmental pollution and promotes a healthy lifestyle.
Community and charity
We’re proud to play a part in the communities in which our offices are based. We’re also proud of our commitment to client care and to delivering the highest standard of service and legal advice.
Each financial year, Eric Robinson Solicitors supports a different local charity within our community. We’re also organising various fundraising initiatives throughout the year including bake-offs, survey completion donations, Christmas card donations and an office-to-office cycle ride.
In addition to our annual nominated charity the firm also support and participates in awareness days and events for other charities which include Jeans for Genes day, Macmillan Coffee Morning and Children in Need.
Many of our employees also support charities to which they have a personal connection. They devote significant amounts of time and through sponsorship have raised much needed funds for these charities. We encourage staff to promote the fundraising work they do within the firm and we recognise their achievements via the website and our staff intranet.
See all the events we have been involved with recently on our Charity and Community page...
At Eric Robinson Solicitors we recognise that our people are our greatest asset. We aim to recruit and retain people who share our values and we promote a workplace in which all members of staff and partners can thrive and fulfil their potential.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and eliminating unlawful discrimination both in employment, and, in our professional dealings with clients and third parties.
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the firm and are committed to creating a work environment free of harassment and bullying, where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
Eric Robinson Solicitors is a signatory of the Law Society’s Diversity and Inclusion Charter and we complete an annual review which looks at both the diversity of our workforce and our firm’s performance against the standards set.
We monitor the diversity profile of our workforce and our job applicants to ensure that it is representative of the diversity profile of our local community and if appropriate will take action to encourage applications from any underrepresented groups. .
The following results from our 2013 Diversity Survey provides further information about the diversity profile of our workforce...