All our offices are open with special measures in place to keep you safe. Click here for more information.

Representing Other Family

If social services have become involved with your grandchildren or other close family members, you will not have an automatic right to receive information about what is happening.

That’s because you do not hold parental responsibility for the children involved. However many children who are involved in court proceedings are placed in the care of members of the extended family and these family members then have a big role to play in the child’s future.

We can advise you on your rights in relation to the child and on the social services procedures. We’ll tell you if you are able to make any applications to the court for residence, contact, special guardianship or an adoption. And we’ll help you take the right steps to protect the child’s interests.