Licensing top 10 tips Download our Licensing booklet
'Top 10 Tips Licensing Getting it Right'
by clicking on the cover.  >>>

Many of our business clients are in the entertainment and leisure industry and need to be sure they have all the correct Licences in place.  We have the expertise to advise clients on the requirements of the Licensing Act 2003.

Often, this may be part of a larger commercial transaction, when a client purchases new commercial premises, perhaps venturing into the hospitality industry for the first time and needing considerable guidance.  Alternatively, it can be a stand-alone transaction for a client who simply needs a variation to his existing Premises Licence 

We are happy to provide as much, or as little, help and guidance as you require, whether that means:

  • obtaining a new Premises Licences;
  • varying existing Premises Licences;
  • advising on the process of obtaining the necessary Personal Licence; or
  • assisting clients with transferring Premises Licences and changing Designated Premises Supervisors, either when they purchase a new venture or when there is a change of personnel.


We can also advise on whether or not gaming machines are covered by your Premises Licence.

We liaise with all other relevant bodies in relation to applications, such as the Police, Trading Standards, Child Protection, Environmental Health, Planning and the Fire Service.

Solicitors in Southampton, Winchester, The New Forest and the South Coast

Contact our solicitors in Southampton, Winchester, The New Forest or the surrounding areas by using the drop down below. Alternatively, visit our people page to speak to a member of staff directly.

Contact our experts for further advice

View profile for Lisa BadgerLisa Badger