However unlikely you may consider it, you or your Company could discover that you are being investigated in connection with alleged Criminal Matters. Investigations can be conducted not just by the police but HMRC, Health & Safety Executive or a number of other regulatory bodies.
We are delighted that our Team have been recognised in the Legal 500 2017:
Clients of Eric Robinson Solicitors single out ‘the attention the team affords to each case and client, which is undoubtedly the reason it receives so many repeat instructions’. The practice handles the full remit of fraud cases for clients in the South East region, including benefits fraud matters, conspiracy to defraud cases and cyber fraud mandates. The team acted for a client as one of twelve accused of being a part of a conspiracy to defraud and launder money in a £12m carousel fraud scheme. Other mandates included representing a company director in a £1.7m VAT fraud matter and acting for a Chinese national in a six-week trial at Southampton Court for allegedly committing duty fraud by illegally importing tobacco and avoiding paying duty on the point of entry to the UK and the point of sale. Senior associate David Franklin, who heads the practice, ‘is impressive in his preparation of cases and client care’. He is ably supported by an eight-lawyer team in Southampton.
We have experienced experts that can help you right from the start of any such allegation.
- Tax Investigations by HMRC – we have represented many clients who have had their companies, or themselves investigated by HMRC. We can represent you at any interview under caution, make representations on your behalf. We are able to instruct specialist accountants to assist in your defence, and Counsel who are experts in this field to represent you should matters end up going to Court. We will of course advise you at each and every stage.
- Health & Safety investigations can be lengthy and complex, from simple breaches of codes, to major accidents at work. We can advise on Improvement and Prohibition notices, and represent you and your company at any interview; we offer sound advice and strong representation throughout any proceedings.
- Commercial Fraud - we are able to advise and represent you should you find that you are being investigated for such matter. We are also able to advise and assist you and your company in anti-fraud measures and help with any internal or external investigations.
- Bribery & Corruption - since the introduction of the Bribery Act it is now easier than you may first think to fall foul of these regulations.
- Environmental Crime - advice from inadvertent pollution to deliberate fly tipping. Prosecutions can be brought by Councils or other agencies.
- Transport Crime - if you are in the transport industry it is not only your drivers than can face prosecution, but also you as a responsible person should offences be alleged
Criminal Solicitors in Southampton, Winchester, The New Forest and the South Coast
Contact our criminal solicitors in Southampton, Winchester, The New Forest or the surrounding areas by using the drop down below. Alternatively, visit our people page to speak to a member of staff directly.