Ben is a Senior Associate Solicitor and heads up the firm’s Real Estate Department; encompassing the Residential Conveyancing and Commercial Property teams. He joined Eric Robinson Solicitors in 2011 and completed his training contract and qualified in 2013.
Ben is experienced in commercial property and deals with all types of freehold and leasehold property transactions. He has particular expertise in dealing with:
- option agreements
- assignment of leases
- sale and purchase of freehold commercial premises
- sale and purchase of leases of commercial premises
- granting of leases and underleases of commercial premises
- negotiating and advising on leases on behalf of tenants
- drafting leases on behalf of landlords
- S.106 Agreements
Ben also acts for clients on the sale and purchase of businesses and advises on franchise agreements, debentures, partnership and shareholder agreements, and personal guarantees. He acts for property developers, lenders and a variety of sole traders and limited companies.
"Ben Upward is highly knowledgeable, quick, efficient & friendly."